EEOICPA Application Assistance

Atomic Home Health Has Helped Hundreds of Energy Workers Claim their Benefits for No Cost.

department of labor white card

Do you need assistance applying for your EEOICPA white card?

Atomic Home Health offers Assistance for Claiming Benefits you May be Entitled To.

Call Atomic Home Health today at (509) 728-9594.

Let our Benefits Specialist walk you through the process at no charge to you.

What is the EEOICPA Program?

The EEOICPA was established in 2000 and it allows for compensation to people who suffered from exposure to ionizing radiation and specific toxic chemicals while employed with the DOE. Workers employed with any predecessor agencies of the DOE or DOE contractors, or subcontractors at designated work sites can also qualify. 

Medical benefits are available for current or former workers who developed a chronic health condition, such as radiogenic cancers, pulmonary diseases, or other chronic illnesses as a direct result of their exposure to ionizing radiation or toxic chemicals found in the workplace. 

There are two parts to the EEOICPA program:  Parts B and E. Figuring out which section you could qualify for depends on several factors that include: 

  • Which work site you were employed at
  • What years you were employed at that workplace
  • Your specific health problems/diagnoses
  • Toxic chemicals found at the workplace with causal links to diagnoses
  • Your status as an applicant – current/former worker, surviving spouse or child

You could receive anywhere from $150,000 to $400,000 depending on the nature of your application. 

EEOICPA Part B and Part E Benefits

The available for Parts B and E are as follows:

Under Part B, claimants can receive:

  • $150,000 to employees or survivors
  • Medical benefits

Under Part E, claimants can receive:

  • Up to $250,000 based upon wage-loss and impairment ratings
  • Medical benefits
  • Survivor benefits

Covered Medical Conditions

For Part B and Part E: 

  • Radiogenic Cancers
  • Chronic Beryllium Disease (CBD)
  • Beryllium Sensitivity (BeS), medical monitoring only
  • Any illnesses resulting from exposure to toxic substances 

In general, radiogenic cancers, CBD, and chronic silicosis tend to get approved more often and faster than other illnesses. 

NOTE:  Part B is quite specific when it comes to the types of conditions that qualify for medical benefits. 

In contrast, Part E can potentially cover any illness as long as the DOE concludes that the toxic exposure is “at least as likely as not a significant factor in causing, aggravating or contributing to” the worker’s illness. 

How Do I Apply for EEOICPA Benefits?

When you set out to file an EEOICPA claim, you must include evidence of covered employment, a diagnosed medical condition and causation.  Causation is simply a demonstrated relationship between the employment, exposures, and the diagnosed condition. 

It is helpful to include Form EE-3 to verify the covered employment. Your claim has a better chance of being approved if you submit additional employment evidence that include contracts, pay stubs, W2s, etc. You can also provide statements from colleagues supporting your employment during the covered time period. 

The Division of Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation (DEEOIC) may want to verify the claimed employment with the DOE, a corporate verifier, and the Social Security Administration. 

When you submit a claim as a survivor for the deceased worker, make sure you document your relationship to the covered employee. Also, provide documentation establishing the employee’s death, as well as documentation connecting you and the employee.  Examples of this could include a marriage certificate, adoption records, etc.

You can Count on Atomic Home Health to Help Maximize Your Benefits

At Atomic Home Health, we have helped hundreds of Energy Workers file their EEOICPA Benefits form and have helped them receive compensation that they are entitled to. If you are feeling overwhelmed, do not hesitate to call us.

Atomic Home Health Resources

We believe you deserve quality care and support that’s tailored to you and your family. We offer side-by-side assistance with EEOICPA Applications and Benefit forms. We have helped hundreds of Energy Workers claim their benefits through the EEOICPA program with our benefits specialist. Give us a call today to learn about more about how we can help you free of charge. 

EEOICPA Application Forms

Provided below are downloadable PDF forms to claim EEOICPA Assistance. The forms are only available in PDF format. In order to view and/or print PDF documents you must have a PDF viewer available on your workstation. 

Find out how Atomic Home Health can help you.
Call Atomic Home Health at (509) 728-9594 if you, or someone close to you could benefit from our services and care.